Friday, July 31, 2009

Addiction

I hesitate to write about the following subject but have no other way to get this off my chest. Sunny just won't listen to me anymore and seems to be in the clutches of an addiction.

Sunny and I first purchased some in St Maartin on the street and little did I know she had gone back several times more without my knowledge to get more. As we travel through the islands people are always selling and we have even gotten some for giving a guy a ride across the cut in Rodney Bay. Sunny was doing one every other day or so and until recently I thought she was just relaxing and enjoying herself. Today however I realized she was really going over the edge when she rolled out the biggest one I had ever seen. I had some of it and to be honest I was never much of a fan before, but this was really good. I asked her where she got it and she said to take her to the beach. As we arrived at the beach next to the outdoor market, I began to wonder what I was going to do with her when we got home. Hopefully this was a phase.

As we entered the market through the back door a couple young Rastas were just getting baked. Sunny pointed to one of them and said, "This is Jimmy my supplier."

Jimmies eyes were completely dilated and he smelled of weed. "Respect", he said.

Sunny told him she wanted more and that she had money. Jimmy slowly got up, gave me a fist bump and said, "Ri oher ere mon". We followed him over to a table in the front of the store and it appeared he had just received a new shipment of some really good stuff. Sunny, knew immediately what she wanted and grabbed two hand fulls. She gave him a bit of cash, he thanked us and out we went.

Sunny was smiling from ear to ear as she proudly inspected her giant mangoes. They are the best we've seen so far and she can't get enough.

5 comments:

  1. Mangoes the size of your face? WOW. The way this entry was narrated, you would have almost thought the subject was something a little more illegal. Had I not been present in St. Maarten, I'd have never guessed mangoes though. I wonder what kind those are?

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg you have a facebook? When did that happen? Did you know Aunt Kelly also has one... and that Michelle made it for her? Wow... so everyone and their mom is on there now. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice commentary Blake, very creative you are! Liked the truck story too...that was too funny! Keep that girl covered!
    Cheers,
    Diane and Ken

    ReplyDelete
  4. When you get to Bequia, there are FREE mangoes at the abandoned resort at the right side of teh beach. Not as big, but the price is right....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi S & B, Aileen says we need to do a family intervention and get the mango off of Sunny's back. Let us know how we can help!
    Jim and Kelly

    ReplyDelete